Thursday 31 March 2011

Wanted: Some fit players...please...

Wow Ive been ignoring this blog lately like Charlie Sheen ignores his prescribed medicine!

Apologies to anyone waiting for another installment, am very busy at the moment so haven't really had the time of late to indulge myself in some blogging!

Anyway, enough of that! Whats been going on in Spurs-land during my short absence? Well not a lot match wise as we have had yet another break. This time for international duty. I actually missed most of the Wales game as I was getting drunk in Bratislava (which also meant I missed out on a Madrid ticket - very upsetting!) however what I did see was quite boring - as per usual really. The big plus for me is that Dawson seemed to do a lot to cement his starting place for England which is certainly something to be pleased with!

So other then that whats the big news? Well its probably injury related to be honest. Most stories that I have seen/ read lately talk about Tottenham players being injured which is quite a pain! Bale, Gallas, King, Lennon and Woodgate have all been in the injury threads lately but whats the score now?

Well Bale was ok, then he wasn't and now he might be. After tweaking a Hamstring while training with Wales there was a bit of a slagging match between Spurs and the Welsh - the bottom line is that Bale may well be fit for the Madrid game, however I doubt he'll be fit for Wigan at the weekend. Sigh.
Gallas is another will he - wont he? He seems to have picked up a knee injury which makes him a bit of a problem for Tuesday as well, I expect he'll play though to be honest however Wigan could be a doubt.
Lennon looks like he'll be fine after pulling out of the England game against Ghana - it looks more precautionary really, I have a hunch that he'll start at the weekend.
Unfortunately Woodgate hasn't managed to shake his calf injury, frankly I doubt we'll see him again this season, is a bloody shame as well as I really feel for him!

Bugger...
The big bad news is that it looks like King will be out for the rest of the season due to his groin injury, it was starting to look good after he made the subs bench for the Milan game however it seems that the injury gods are conspiring against us and it doesn't look like we'll see him on the pitch for a while...

After all that I'm sure you need a bit of a pick-me-up and I give you that with the good news that Huddlestone has returned to full training. Happy days. Should he walk straight back into the team though? Probably not, Sandro has done enough to keep that for the time being but I'm sure it won't be long until he is back in his spot! Either way its a massive boost for the club, especially as everyone else seems to be dropping like fly's at the moment!

The unexpected news that popped up the other day was that we have had a bit of a moan about The Olympic Stadium going to West Ham. It really didn't look good coming out that long after the decision was made - seems a bit like sour grapes from the guys in charge really. Instead of putting their attention back into this they should bloody well put it into sorting out The Northumberland Development Project! The OPLC obviously aren't going to change their minds now and give the stadium to us so get over it.

I'll leave that there as Im in danger of going on a random rant which may prove amusing to some but would look a tad stupid to others!

Pop back tomorrow for a Wigan preview - some Tottenham action at the weekend is certainly needed!

COYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment