Saturday 19 February 2011

A weekend without Spurs? Whatever next!?

Spurs aren't playing? Whatever shall I do?
Well after the excitement of The Champions League on Tuesday we are back to the FA Cup this weekend, in our fifth round tie we are at home to Bolt.....oh thats right we went out of the cup. Well in that case this weekend see's Tottenham face a rest.

And quite frankly they deserve it. Its been all systems go on planet Tottenham for some time now so a weekend of R&R will actually be quite welcome, hopefully it will give the team a chance to get over some of the little niggles that every team gets at this time of the season!

So whats been going on then since my last blog entry?

Well quite a bit but at the same time not much. The fallout from the Milan game has mostly been revolving around Gattuso, if you hadn't noticed he's now been charged by UEFA and has his hearing on Monday, will be interesting to see what happens. Throw the book at him I say. However its frustrating to see that Flamini has got away with trying to take away Charlie's foot - because he got booked in the game UEFA cant do any more. Surely that rule's got to be sorted out!?

The good news here though is that he only sprained his ankle (his ankle joint to be specific) and although a bad sprain it could have been much worse. He should be out of his foot brace on Monday and will be brought slowly back to training, hopefully he'll be in full training in a few weeks....apparently.

The other injury news from the Milan game is poor old Woodgate...again. I really like Woody so it was great to see him make a comeback on Tuesday, however it was always slightly inevitable that he would get a knock of some sort after being out for so long. In this instance he has strained his left adductor muscle but will only be out for a couple of weeks, so another reason why this break is good for the team!

The other news is a lot worse I'm afraid, Ive been hoping for a return of The Hudd for some time now, his glorious comeback should have been around this time but he seems to have hit quite a big setback, as he described on twitter:


 tom huddlestone 

Few questions about a return date, not sure at the moment! Once I start running I'll have 3weeks left! But running not sure when start



So he's not even running yet!? Even when he does start running its going to be a 3 week wait!? I'm starting to think now that any impact he has on the team this season is going to be minimal from now on, a cameo here and there maybe but it could be ages before we see him in a Spurs shirt again!

A bit of good news is that Mr. Bale should be back soon, Physio room is stating that his return date is the 22nd February which would be nice, however I'm not one to trust everything Physio room says! Nevertheless the chat at the moment says that he'll be fit to play against Milan in the second leg at home, happy days!

Although good for the team a weekend without a Spurs game does strange things to me, I end up rocking in a corner dribbling and talking to myself. Sometimes I see babies crawling on the ceiling while I sweat in bed. Ok so maybe my withdrawal isn't that bad but there is always that feeling of something being missing from the weekend when this happens, it forces me to do more menial things like cleaning and ironing my pants for the following week. This weekend ill just have to be Crawley Town fan like the rest of the country!

The saving grace this weekend is that Spurs are back in action on Tuesday for their re-arranged fixture against Blackpool. At least I don't have to wait long for my fix! This got me wondering though. When this game was originally postponed back when we had a load of the white stuff on the ground it took both clubs a week or so to come back with a new date for the game.

WHAT is going on with the home tie against the filth? Seriously this has been dragging on for ages now and still no sniff of a date! I sat on the Spurs website for two hours to get tickets for this game and I want to know if i can make the new date, I do have other things going on in my life so I would like to know sooner rather than later as I may be able to sort things out so that I can make the game!

Hopefully fingers will be pulled out soon as I know I'm not the only one getting slightly peeved at waiting for this to be released!

Come on Crawley!



No comments:

Post a Comment